Archive for November, 2011
Brandon McInerney was sentenced to 21 years in prison for killing Larry King, a 15-year-old classmate disliked by McInerney for being gay. Why he was only charged with second degree murder (“murder that is not premeditated or planned in advance”) is beyond me seeing how he brought a gun to school to execute a kid by aiming the gun at his head from behind and pulling the trigger. But naturally American conservatives have other issues with the case.
Larry King was taunted for being an effeminate kid, for not fitting into the gender role society had prepared for him. But rather than giving in to the bullies by hiding who he was he stood up to the homophobes. Whenever they made fun of him he blew them kisses or made comments about how cute they are. Unable to cope with that much self-confidence McInerney went to school officials to whine about King’s fake-flirting. When the school told McInerney that it was King’s civil right to explore his gender identity McInerney apparently decided to take the problem into his own hands.
But conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh, a star of American right-wing media, thinks you can’t blame McInerney. He believes it’s ridiculous that the school would say that “He [King] had the right to explore whether at some point he was going to need a chopadickoffamy operation.” And that McInerney had to shoot King was just inevitable according to Limbaugh, the ones to blame here, he says, are the people pushing the “gay agenda” at schools because if King would have received a “traditional education” thus not daring to be openly gay he wouldn’t be dead now.
And Limbaugh is not alone: Bryan Fischer, leader of the “American Family Association” agrees that the world would be a safer place if the queers would just stop acting, well…. queer. Because it’s never the people who shoot, stab, burn & torture gays, lesbians and transgender people (which seems to have become a national sport) who are wrong, it’s the victims who don’t hide who they are
Just like all the black Americans who wouldn’t be dead now if they would have just learnt to be proper white people before they were hanged by mobs for being not like everyone else.
Did you know that The X-Men‘s Wolverine had a bisexual son named Daken? In addition to claws and a healing factor, he’s got special pheromones that can make anyone attracted to him. He basically sleeps with people to play mind games and gain access to secret files.
Anyway, Marvel just announced his comic book, Daken: Dark Wolverine (the only queer solo lead they’re having in their line-up), is being cancelled because it wasn’t making enough money. Did Marvel market him enough to the queer mutant community?
Readers bummed about Daken’s exit (February’s issue #21 is expected to be the series’ last) should know that he’ll still pop up in other series. And in the meantime, you can still enjoy the greater universe of queer comic-book characters, including The X-Men‘s bossy bottom, Northstar.
- Seven transgender people murdered in the USA this year, 116 world-wide
- For the first time Hepatitis C surpasses HIV as cause of death in America
- More than 2,000 people marched in Hong Kong’s annual gay pride parade
- Gay teen targeted in Ohio school beating caught on camera speaks out
- Anti-gay forces still trying to keep California from teaching kids queer history
- St. Petersburg passes “gay propaganda” law to “protect” minors from queer
- Catholics rather end adoptions, foster care than providing them to same-sex couples
- Three kids kicked off the bus because one them happened to be bisexual
- Queer-friendly government loses general elections in Spain, national conservatives win
- WikiLeaks suspect Bradley Manning gets first hearing after 17 months in confinement
- UK’s jobless youth told to work without pay for profitable retailers or lose benefits
- 10-year-old girl commits suicide because kids at school called her a boy and a slut
- Police gets pepper-spray-happy at protesters: sprays 84-old woman and college kids
- U.S. Congress says pizza is a valid substitute for vegetable in school meals
- Surveillance: The state wants to know what you’re up to. But why do we let it?
- Teacher proves that not all bullies are students, gets filmed doing it
- Man who wanted to assassinate Obama says he’s second coming of Christ
…to get charged with sexual assault. Not in a country where 14-year-olds are the largest group of “sex offenders”. Three young kids in Wisconsin caught playing doctor last year have unintentionally landed themselves, their families and some Grant County officials in a federal civil rights case sure to raise questions and outrage.
The parents of a 6-year-old boy who faced charges of first-degree sexual assault have sued Grant County officials who investigated and filed the juvenile petition. The charges came after a 5-year-old girl’s mother suspected that play had gone too far. According to the lawsuit, in the fall of last year the boy was playing with the girl and her 5-year-old brother when the mother arrived. The children said they had been playing doctor. Their mother told investigators she suspected the boy had put his finger in the girl’s anus. The lawsuit states that prior to the play date, the boy had medical conditions that required rectal examinations. Read on…