Archive for August, 2012
- Saying “that’s so gay” has traumatic effect on students
- Marriage bills move forward in Australia & New Zealand
- Anti-gay activist charged with sexually assaulting boys
- German chancellor says no to equal taxes for gay couples
- Gay dating apps like Grindr linked to syphilis epidemic
- Law will throw out privacy, free speech for copyright enforcement
- U.S. government wants remote control over people’s routers
- 6 years of spying on Muslims led to zero leads or terror cases
Even with extreme austerity measures UK faces £40 billion deficit
- School demands that boy named Hunter must change his name
Sometimes it needs a (fictional) TV show to spell out the harsh truth about the state of a political system. Everything said in this clip is based on actual facts and all quotes are real.
- Same-sex marriage bill to be introduced in France this October
- Enough votes in New Zealand’s parliament for marriage equality
- Cables show U.S., Swedish pressure vs. Uganda kill-the-gays bill
- U.S. TV station bans gay family show for being “not family-friendly”
- Scarlett, a trans girl, wins big American Starcraft 2 tournament
- U.S. government has copies of most of your mails says whistleblower
- Former Israeli soldiers disclose routine mistreatment of Palestinian children
- Facebook saves your biometric data in other people’s photos, no opt-out
- Law in Arizona says women are pregnant 2 weeks before they have sex
- Study says BMI is massively understating the scope of American obesity
2007 seems to be awfully far away. The “Web 2.0”, this atrocity of a buzz word, was just getting started and blogs were ruling the internet, for better and for worse. It was also the time when, in late August, milkboys was started in its current form. While blogs are hardly relevant anymore nowadays, sites like Facebook account for almost all time spent online by the average internet user.
milkboys on the other hand is still kicking after five years, making it one of the longest-serving queer youth blogs around :) And of course there are presents to celebrate this! Milo and Dumbledore, two idols of recent milkboys history, kind as they are, provide you with some photos made for the occasion (click on them!).
And we’ll give away a classic (red) milkboys shirt to a random reader leaving a comment under this post. We’ll get in touch with the winner by mail; bonus points if you post a milk(boys)-related photo of yourself with your comment (You can use sites like imgur top host the photo)
We will also, finally, release some updates and new projects many of you were waiting for over the next couple of weeks, so grab some milk & cookies, keep your eyes open and stay fab!