- EU elections are this weekend! Go vote! Even if you vote for a small party it does matter.
- Considering the low voter turnout your vote will carry weight, so make your choice!
- United States Supreme Court says suspects can be interrogated without lawyer
- Manga collector faces 15 years in jail in the US because he had some hentai manga
- British towns move to extend abusive license plate surveillance grid
- WikiLeaks wins Amnesty International 2009 Media Award
- Cambridge study shows that DRM and copy protection turn users into pirates
- Canadian copyright lobbyists leaned on "independent" researchers to change report on file-sharing
- Verizon to cops: we won’t help you track down possibly dying man unless you pay his $20 phone bill
Thanks to oaksong who posted this in the milkboard
- Am Sonntag is EU-Wahl, klickt mal hier wenn ihr noch überlegt wen ihr wählen sollt
- Verein Missbrauchsopfer gegen Internetzensur zeigt das Netzzensur unsinnig ist
- Chaosradio: "KiPo" als politische Keule und die Selbstfindung der Netzgemeinde
- Bundesregierung vs. das Internet – die nächste Eskalationsstufe
- Die FDP gibt sich alle Mühe zu beweisen, dass sie unwählbar sind. (Bonus)
- Parteien gelten als die korruptesten Organisationen – na so eine Überraschung
- Bundesländer wollen mal wieder “Killerspiele” statt Schützenvereine verbieten
Update: "Outrage" premieres on HBO this week.
From Academy Award-nominated documentary filmmaker Kirby Dick comes OUTRAGE, a searing indictment of the hypocrisy of closeted politicians with appalling gay rights voting records who actively campaign against the LGBT community they covertly belong to. Boldly revealing the hidden lives of some of the United States’ most powerful policymakers, OUTRAGE takes a comprehensive look at the harm they’ve inflicted on millions of Americans, and examines the media’s complicity in keeping their secrets.
With analysis from prominent members of the gay community such as Congressman Barney Frank, former NJ Governor Jim McGreevey, activist Larry Kramer, radio personality Michelangelo Signorile, and openly gay congresswoman Tammy Baldwin (Representative, Wisconsin 2nd district), OUTRAGE probes deeply into the psychology of this double lifestyle, the ethics of outing closeted politicians, the double standards that the media upholds in its coverage of the sex lives of gay public figures, and much more.
These polemics have a kind of natural charge to them, but there are glimpses in the movie of something more complex and in a way more interesting – the way closet psychology mixes with political ambition to create a fascinating hybrid of warring desires. – Philadelphia Daily News
Some people were not as impressed by yesterday featured virtual boy Milo as I was. So let’s get into the details a bit more here The technology behind Milo is Microsofts Project Natal which is an effort to make gaming more natural by getting rid of the controller element completely. Do you remember the furore the Wii made a while ago with its innovative controller system? Natal took this concept just a step further by using the human playing the game in front of the TV as the 3D motion sensing and facial and voice recognizing controller. The video below shows a few examples of what you can do with it. I’m not sure about the race driving without a steering wheel and I despise the gender cliché part with the “Ow, what dress should I wear for prom?” but the fighting, the soccer game and the skating are looking like good fun to me.
Source & more Information
While many of us rush out today to get a new dose of virtual reality with the just released Sims 3 others are already a step ahead. Yesterday during Microsofts E3 press conference, jaws hit the floor when Peter Molyneux, lead designer of the Lionhead Studios and responsible for innovative games like Dungeon Keeper, Populous, and Black & White, introduced Project Milo. A virtual AI in the form of a boy, who you can interact with anyway you want. Milo will react, even emotionally, on what you say and do. The project is realised with Natal, Microsoft’s new hands-free controller for the Xbox. But just see for yourself:
Download this video in HD
Of course, the pedo potential for this is HUGE. Everyone can have their own virtual boy and of course, the internet is already swarming with ‘Milo, take down your pants’, ‘I’d masturbate with him’ and ‘I’d show him my penis’. – Kahran
Another valid aspect was mentioned by cosmicbus: Peter Molyneux love to talk about huge things but every so often the actual game turns out to contain only half of his ideas ‘cause the rest was just to ambitious for the reality of tech today. Some people have even suggested that the demo in the video above was manipulated by someone controlling the boy. However, it will defiantly take a while until we will be able to interact in such a way with an AI but at least we have something to look forward to.