- Uruguay Senate overwhelmingly approves marriage equality bill in vote
- Malaysian government produces anti-gay musical to scare kids straight
- Gay porn star blasts US immigration laws; commits suicide shortly after
- Sweden’s first openly gay member of parliament gay bashed in Greece
- More than 3,000 signed up for gay protest of Putin in Amsterdam
- Protest against declaring public protests illegal declared illegal in Canada
- US High School to hold a prom for white kids and one "integrated" prom
- Father, first time offender sells pain killers to friend, gets 25 years in prison
- US teacher under investigation for saying “vagina” in anatomy lesson
- Holy torrents: The porn films being pirated within the walls of Vatican
Jimmy Kimmel asks his audience to play another gay guessing game like the one last week during the Supreme Court hearings in which he asked his audience to guess whether random strangers were for or against gay marriage. This time Kimmel asks the crowd at his show to guess whether random couples are gay couples, or straight friends. (via Towleroad)
Blog reader Lucas mailed us this: Kyoto Animation (the studio responsible for the animation of K-on, Lucky Star, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and others) released a teaser trailer this past March showing off the animation studio’s quality. Instead of showing clips from pre-existing series, this advertisement features sexy young male swimmers and showcased them doing various activities in and around the pool.
The advertisement has become so popular that anime fans have dubbed it "Swimming Anime" and it even has fan sites and artwork popping up for it all over the internet. Crunchy Roll, an online Anime Streaming service, even has an online petition urging Kyoto animation to expand the trailer into an actual series.