Posts tagged Canada
- Teacher of murdered gay child sympathizes with his killer
- “Rape the gay away” pastor doesn’t have to go to prison
- Toronto Christian program tries to “heal” guys from being gay
- Trans student banned from US university for “concealing identity”
When 11-year-old Wren Kauffman goes back to school this week, he won’t be hiding the fact that he’s actually a girl. Teachers, friends and other students at his Edmonton school know the truth — that he’s a girl on the outside but feels like a boy on the inside. And that’s why, even at such a young age, he has chosen to live in the world as the opposite sex, and not keep it a secret.
“If you’re not yourself, then it kind of gets sad and depressing,” says the freckle-faced kid with short-cropped hair. “I’m glad that I told everybody.” Read on…
Submitted by Mark Elliot
Two young men, best friends since they were little, have lived their whole lives in an isolated farming community in Ontario, Canada. They come to a crossroads as one of them decides to leave their home for a better life in the big city of Toronto, Ontario. Hidden longing, secrets, and truth coming pouring out as these two friends face the reality of the new paths they are about to embark.
Aspiring ballet star Jeppe Hansen claims he was axed from a prestigious Canadian dance school after officials found out about his recent stint on a gay porn website—something that other ballet dancers did before. CBC News reports that Hansen, 22, won a scholarship to the prestigious Royal Winnipeg Ballet School last year after dancing stints in New York, Montreal and his native Denmark.
But after Hansen appeared in a video on the gay adult website Cockyboys under the name Jett Black, he claims he was told by school officials that they "didn’t have any space" for him.
"You cannot be in a company or with the school or whatever because you’ve decided to take a different standpoint artistically — not because you physically can’t do it, or because you’re not good enough," Hansen recalled. "Being told because you’re doing something else that’s interrupting with what we think you can do is really difficult because they know it’s your passion, they know that that’s what you live off. They know my entire identity’s built on it."
Hansen is described on the Cockyboys website as loving "to show off and turn guys on," having been "an artist his entire life."
"With a performance like Jett’s, I think it’s safe to say we’d all give him a standing ovation," the description concludes. According to The Globe and Mail, the Royal Winnipeg Ballet has so far declined to comment on the case, saying only that the school has a "code of conduct" for students.
There might be an ad playing before the video starts, sorry about that
Luke is bright, politically aware boy who wants to grow up to be like his idol, former Canadian Prime Minister ‘Pierre Trudeau’ . He has a good relationship with his mother, Rita. When Rita takes Luke out shopping to buy a new pair of shoes, it is with trepidation and a bit of reluctance that she agrees to the pair that he wants: pink Converse runners. She is afraid of the reaction of all the other children at school to the color. Will Luke’s classmates call him a sissy like Rita fears, and even if they do, does it matter?
Submitted by Joel
- Same-sex unions accidentally approved by lawmakers in Costa Rica
- Australian Prime Minister appoints anti-gay mental health minister
- Canadian Transgender Rights Bill suffers legislative setback in senate
- Microsoft plans to isolate homophobic Xbox online gamers
- Teenage gay rights activist left brain dead after right-wing attack
- Survey shows global shift in queer rights over the last 6 years
- Court forces Germany to equalise tax benefits for gay couples
- Legal recognition for people not identifying as M or F in Australia
- Croatia celebrates first marriage equality march without incident
- Italian PM blocks gay unions plan from own equality minister
- Hong Kong transgender woman wins right to marry partner
- Ukrainian parliament drops proposed gay anti-discrimination bill
- People protest against homophobia in Chile and Cuba
- Nintendo disables same-sex marriage in popular game
- US engaged in torture after 9/11, independent review finds
- Porn’s negative effect on teenagers exaggerated, study says
- Canada says science has no value if it doesn’t benefit economy
- Physicist Stephen Hawking joins academic boycott of Israel
- Swaziland makes it illegal for witches to fly broomstick above 150m