Posts tagged Canada
- India’s Supreme Court has agreed to reconsider gay sex ban
- Mississippi Governor has signed an anti-gay bill into law
- Gay Nigerians stripped and whipped in public after sex party
- Brave teen takes on the Chinese government’s anti-gay stance
- Priest becomes politician to ‘destroy’ gay culture in Europe
- Canadian bill allows companies to access user data of internet providers
- US has 10 times more mentally ill people in prisons than in hospitals
- The 1% wants to ban sleeping in cars ‘cause it hurts their ‘quality of life’
Six ways the Unites States of America are like a third-world country
Rich guy too rich to go to prison for raping his 3-year-old daughter
- 65% of voters approved marriage equality ban in Croatia
- Taiwan decided to make legal gender changes a lot easier
- Crazy pastors in Kenya burn HIV drugs in favour of prayer
- Russia’s highest court rules gay propaganda law constitutional
- Is Putin a traumatized orphan with homosexual tendencies?
- FBI can secretly turn on laptop cameras without indicator light
- Terrible ACTA about to be quietly written into Canadian law
- Australian spy agency offered to share data about ordinary citizens
- NSA and GCHQ collect chats and deploy agents into video games
- Boys arrested for child porn distribution connected to Snapchat
- Teacher of murdered gay child sympathizes with his killer
- “Rape the gay away” pastor doesn’t have to go to prison
- Toronto Christian program tries to “heal” guys from being gay
- Trans student banned from US university for “concealing identity”
When 11-year-old Wren Kauffman goes back to school this week, he won’t be hiding the fact that he’s actually a girl. Teachers, friends and other students at his Edmonton school know the truth — that he’s a girl on the outside but feels like a boy on the inside. And that’s why, even at such a young age, he has chosen to live in the world as the opposite sex, and not keep it a secret.
“If you’re not yourself, then it kind of gets sad and depressing,” says the freckle-faced kid with short-cropped hair. “I’m glad that I told everybody.” Read on…
Submitted by Mark Elliot
Two young men, best friends since they were little, have lived their whole lives in an isolated farming community in Ontario, Canada. They come to a crossroads as one of them decides to leave their home for a better life in the big city of Toronto, Ontario. Hidden longing, secrets, and truth coming pouring out as these two friends face the reality of the new paths they are about to embark.
Aspiring ballet star Jeppe Hansen claims he was axed from a prestigious Canadian dance school after officials found out about his recent stint on a gay porn website—something that other ballet dancers did before. CBC News reports that Hansen, 22, won a scholarship to the prestigious Royal Winnipeg Ballet School last year after dancing stints in New York, Montreal and his native Denmark.
But after Hansen appeared in a video on the gay adult website Cockyboys under the name Jett Black, he claims he was told by school officials that they "didn’t have any space" for him.
"You cannot be in a company or with the school or whatever because you’ve decided to take a different standpoint artistically — not because you physically can’t do it, or because you’re not good enough," Hansen recalled. "Being told because you’re doing something else that’s interrupting with what we think you can do is really difficult because they know it’s your passion, they know that that’s what you live off. They know my entire identity’s built on it."
Hansen is described on the Cockyboys website as loving "to show off and turn guys on," having been "an artist his entire life."
"With a performance like Jett’s, I think it’s safe to say we’d all give him a standing ovation," the description concludes. According to The Globe and Mail, the Royal Winnipeg Ballet has so far declined to comment on the case, saying only that the school has a "code of conduct" for students.
There might be an ad playing before the video starts, sorry about that
Luke is bright, politically aware boy who wants to grow up to be like his idol, former Canadian Prime Minister ‘Pierre Trudeau’ . He has a good relationship with his mother, Rita. When Rita takes Luke out shopping to buy a new pair of shoes, it is with trepidation and a bit of reluctance that she agrees to the pair that he wants: pink Converse runners. She is afraid of the reaction of all the other children at school to the color. Will Luke’s classmates call him a sissy like Rita fears, and even if they do, does it matter?
Submitted by Joel
- Same-sex unions accidentally approved by lawmakers in Costa Rica
- Australian Prime Minister appoints anti-gay mental health minister
- Canadian Transgender Rights Bill suffers legislative setback in senate
- Microsoft plans to isolate homophobic Xbox online gamers