Posts tagged Denmark
- 51% of Russians don’t want gay neighbour or work colleague
- Five anti-gay & anti-trans bills under consideration in Lithuania
- Pastor raped teen boys to help end their homosexual urges
- School fires second teacher this year for not being straight
Aspiring ballet star Jeppe Hansen claims he was axed from a prestigious Canadian dance school after officials found out about his recent stint on a gay porn website—something that other ballet dancers did before. CBC News reports that Hansen, 22, won a scholarship to the prestigious Royal Winnipeg Ballet School last year after dancing stints in New York, Montreal and his native Denmark.
But after Hansen appeared in a video on the gay adult website Cockyboys under the name Jett Black, he claims he was told by school officials that they "didn’t have any space" for him.
"You cannot be in a company or with the school or whatever because you’ve decided to take a different standpoint artistically — not because you physically can’t do it, or because you’re not good enough," Hansen recalled. "Being told because you’re doing something else that’s interrupting with what we think you can do is really difficult because they know it’s your passion, they know that that’s what you live off. They know my entire identity’s built on it."
Hansen is described on the Cockyboys website as loving "to show off and turn guys on," having been "an artist his entire life."
"With a performance like Jett’s, I think it’s safe to say we’d all give him a standing ovation," the description concludes. According to The Globe and Mail, the Royal Winnipeg Ballet has so far declined to comment on the case, saying only that the school has a "code of conduct" for students.
There might be an ad playing before the video starts, sorry about that
- Mexican Court ruling opens doors for marriage equality
- Marriage equality bill passes first vote in Colombia
- US Supreme Court ´will hear same-sex marriage cases
- Over 1,000 gender reassignment operations in Iran in 4 years
- Filipino people are ready for same-sex marriage, says pastor
- Gay Libyans speak out about anti-gay militia attacks
- Russia poised to bring in national gay gag law again
- Lithuania considers ban of sex affirmation surgery
- Argentina one step closer to gay blood donations
- Principal punishes school boys with hand-holding
The Boy Who Couldn’t Swim is a short film (featuring the lovely Jonas Wandschneider) about two teen boys who meet in Copenhagen and team up to find one of the boys’ mother. Instead they end up finding themselves – and each other.
Original Title: Drengen der ikke kunne svømme | Submitted by Johan
Jørgen lives abroad, but every summer he and his wife come back to Denmark. As usual they invite the neighbours and their teenage son Thomas over for dinner. Only, this time there is a strange tension in the air between the adults. After dinner, Jørgen and Thomas go for a walk and discover that both have problems they can’t share with anyone. Disclosing their secrets to each other is what starts the friendship between them but through the course of the next two summers their relationship develops in a way they didn’t expect.
Original Title: Tre Somre
- Northern Ireland: Alliance Party votes in favour of equal marriage
- Most churches in New Zealand vow to ignore marriage equality
- Poland ruling party plans to introduce gay civil partnership law
- Famed priest says abused children seduced priests, then changes his mind
- Christian doctor prescribed chemical castration to "cure" boy of being gay
- Inventor of the internet accuses US & UK of draconian internet snooping
- American attorney general Holder defends execution without charges
- Conservatives in Canada cut corporate taxes by 30%, still no new jobs
- How Copenhagen’s bicycle highway safes $60 million in health care costs
- Schools in Texas start tracking and spying on students with RFID chips
- Denmark’s prime minister announced equal marriage law takes effect in June
- Utah’s new sex-education policy in schools: abstinence only, don’t say gay
- Tennessee’s “Don’t Say Gay” bill stalled for now, may go down completely
- Russian church urges law-makers to ban “gay propaganda” nation-wide
- Australian researchers say they might have identified a transsexual gene link
- Chinese parents of queer kids demand anti-discrimination laws from state
- Dangerous ignorance: The hysteria of Kony 2012 and its promotion of militarisation
- Catholic church attempting to silence sexual abuse victims and their defenders
- Unarmed black boy killed by white Neighbourhood Watch, police makes no arrest
- Police officer used Taser stun gun on 9-year-old boy because he skipped school
- Right-wingers demand American schools erase slavery from history textbooks
- While R-rated in US, Canadian censor board gives Bully documentary all-ages rating