Hope you guys are watching The International 2014; which is, contrary to popular belief, not only a handsomeness competition between Pajkatt and Akke (see below) but also the greatest eSports event in history with a prize pool of 10. Million. Dollars. Games starts today (CET)! Go, Alliance! :)
No idea what Dota is? No worries! If you ever played video games you’ll have a great time watching it even if you never tried the game yourself. The International will also have a cast just for beginners!
Eurovision 2014 is over and the Queen of Europe was crowned (see below) with a clear message to Putin and people like him that you can’t get the queer out of Europe. Sweden came in 3rd, Norway should have gotten a few more points, Poland was quite interesting and Italy gave us an Empress Rome can be proud of Let us know in the comments who you were rooting for!
Last October, there was the heartwarming story of 2,000 Swedes who gathered in the Olympic Stadium of Stockholm to sing the Russian national anthem in a statement of solidarity with lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender Russians. Called "Live and Let Love," the final video of the event is now here and just in time for the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics.
"For many Russians the song has been a symbol of oppression," organizers of the event said in a statement. "However, the lyrics of the song were changed in year 2000 and in 2009 a poll showed that 56 percent of respondents felt proud when hearing the anthem, and that 81 percent liked it. Still, there are many people in Russia who are not able to sing the song with pride, among them many millions of LGBT people. It is their anthem too, but the state is criminalizing their lives."
- Scotland becomes 17th country in the world with equal marriage
- Russian Orthodox church leader demands sodomy law return
- Study says same-sex couples are happier than straight ones
- Mayor of Olympic city Sochi says there are no gays in his city
- ‘Fuck You Putin’ Swedish campaign rebukes Russian stance on gays
- US the biggest threat to world peace in 2013 finds world-wide poll
- GCHQ and NSA targeted, Germans, Israeli PM and EU chief & charities
- UK police hijacks web sites for companies, replaces them with shops
- France’s new surveillance law framework creates a police state
- Norway digitizing all its books and making them free to read online
Albin from Sweden
- Teacher of murdered gay child sympathizes with his killer
- “Rape the gay away” pastor doesn’t have to go to prison
- Toronto Christian program tries to “heal” guys from being gay
- Trans student banned from US university for “concealing identity”
- 51% of Russians don’t want gay neighbour or work colleague
- Five anti-gay & anti-trans bills under consideration in Lithuania
- Pastor raped teen boys to help end their homosexual urges
- School fires second teacher this year for not being straight